Friday, July 24, 2009

Dr Visit from Hell

Today is the day I became the mom I have often looked at (and judged). You know the one with the kid she can't handle and one on the way. (sigh)

So I took P to the Dermatologist today to have his itchy dry skin looked at. This is how it went down.

- Waiting room was packed and the first thing Parker did was grab some old guys glasses that were left unattended on a seat. He got in trouble from the said old guy (and me) so he was mad about that. He then decided he wanted to use the pen I was using to fill out the paperwork (Which I requested a week ago so I could fill it out before this appointment - anyhoo)

When I don't give him the pen he slaps my hand and throws a world class toddler fit on the floor of the waiting room. They called us back at that point.

He continued to scream thru the entire exam AND colored green crayon on the Dr's chair. He freaked out when the DR tried to take off his shoes because in his Parker mind that means "I can't go outside - no shoes" so.... he slapped the Dr's hands as he yelled "I GO!"

I could not hear word one from the DR and now will have to research on the Internet how to use the new creams and lotions this kid needs.

Oh yeah.. and as a bonus when I was trying to pay my copay for this delightful experience... he got mad about not being able to have the whole box of stickers and threw himself on to the floor in yet another perfectly executed tantrum. Good Times.

I thought I had till he was 2 for this ..... no?

No comments: