Do not...I repeat.. do not- make this mistake.
So yesterday I spent a couple of hours with my friend Adriana who is a super sweet/fun stay at home mom I met in a mommy group when our boys were born. She also has a new baby boy the same age as Kate.
Anyhoo... I was feeling pretty good about my mommy skills AND THEN... I go over to see her calmly taking care of both kids (I can't yet imagine being alone with both kids at the same time and do not plan on doing this in the near future.) Her 2 yr old is doing a puzzle that has about 20 pieces. Parker still works puzzles with knobs and throws them across the room when the 3 pieces don't work the way he wants them to.
She has a clothes line hanging across her 3 seasons room with Olie's painted art work drying on clothes pins. SHE LETS HER TODDLER PAINT IN HER HOUSE! OFTEN! And is planning to mount the art work on cardboard and cut out the letters of his name to decorate his room (sigh)
She also showed me some of the fun puppets they had made earlier and somehow also had cupcakes (w/ sprinkles) prepared for our visit. (and a clean house of course.)
Then for the final straw... She lets the bomb drop that her 2 yr old has been potty trained since Labor Day! What the???
I can talk some smack about her because I'm pretty sure she does not have time to read my blog; being way too busy helping her 2 yr old create a mosaic statue of Lightening McQueen while teaching him how to say "I've pooped in French".
Needless to say the potty training is beginning at the Stewart house and Parker better watch out because we are hitting Michael's hard for crafts Damnit! I may let him make a plaster of paris model of Kate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I just laughed SO hard at this. SO hard. SOOOO hard. Oh, I love it.
Can't wait to see the plater paris model of Kate!
Jenna...This post just got me through the rest of the day. I am laughing so hard at my desk! I think my favorite might be the puzzles!!!!
Post a Comment