Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's a what?

Kate's delivery day could not have went any smoother. The day started early with Parker being dropped off at the Lesnet's house at 5:30 AM. (I bawled of course) Stephanie made me feel better by sending me pics of the boys playing while I waited in triage at the hospital.

When I got to triage I had been assigned one of my favorite nurses from when Parker was born. PERFECT! She was great and with us the whole delivery. Some nurses truly are the most caring sweetest people I have ever ran across.

Surgery was at 7:45 and uneventful. The meds worked great and I did not feel pain. I was calm and Brad was too (or at least pretended to be.) The Dr bent over and said very calmly... "You have a girl" to which I replied... "It's a what?" And he said.. "you have a beautiful baby girl." Brad and I were shocked and just kept saying to each other "We have a baby girl???"

I didn't realize how much I needed this baby girl - and now that she is here I can't imagine a moment without her. She is a great eater and sleeper so far and super cuddly.

More updates to come... Thank you so much for the texts, visits, and phone calls. They have been a really big help and we appreciate all of your love and support.

Holy cow... we have a baby girl!

No comments: