Friday, September 18, 2009

more great advice from karen

I was telling Karen about how the extra attention from strangers is so nice in the beginning of your pregnancy and you could answer questions about your new baby all day. But somewhere around the 6th month it starts to get old. Around the 7th month people start to get rude. I told Karen I now dread the question "When are you due?" Because when I tell the total stranger "Nov 3" I get this disapproving "Oh, dear, you're not going to make it" (said while shaking head and quickly judging whatever I'm eating at that moment.)

Karen's solution = Lie to them. Tell them you were due last week!

So I did... went down like this.

Stranger: When are you due?
Me: Last week.
Stranger: OH MY - You look GREAT. Look at you still rocking those high heels.
Me: mmm hmm.

Priceless!

No comments: