Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Reward Chart

So... I have realized lately that having a 3 year old means a lot of yelling. (Parker is loud too : ) So when my good mom friend Adriana (and I call her that because she is both a good mom and a good friend) said she was starting a reward chart I said Me too! Me too!


The timing was perfect - the night before P had 4 time outs (yep one of those nights) and then got sent to the office at school for bad behavior (sigh)

Take a look at this beauty of a chart! Kinda makes you wanna behave right?
It works like this.. the categories are: Dinner, Listening, Not Yelling, Act of kindness towards Kate and getting his PJs on. Parker can earn one star everyday for these behaviours. At the end of the day he counts up his stars and earns a penny (he calls it MONNIES!) for his piggy bank that he calls "EVIL DR PORKCHOP" (dangit, it's cute!)

Anywhoo... so far so good. I will keep my blogosphere readers posted!


I wish I could get rewarded for good behaviour.

  • Brushed kids hair before school - Star
  • Served a fresh vegetable along side store bought nuggets - Star
  • Didn't let Kate floor munch even though she was being really quiet - Star

Very motivating!

No comments: