His top lip was completely cut open and there was damage to one of the gums around his left front tooth. (sigh)
We rushed him to the ER and I'm happy to report I was much calmer this trip than the peanut incident.
I received great advice from Karen while I was on the way to get a referral for a plastic surgeon and not to let "some hack job" working the morning shift in the ER stitch my baby's face.
Her advice panned out and we scored a great plastics guy that did a fantastic job! (Our ER Dr ended up being very good too - but this was definitely out of his league.)
Our little man was in surgery for about an hour - but all turned out well. He still has a lot of swelling and it is next to impossible to get him to not pick at his stitches but we are taking it one day at a time.
A special thanks to Karen for the advice and meeting us at the ER w/ snacks and toys!
This picture believe it or not is the "After Surgery shot" It was worse. Keep our little guy in your prayers... I don't want his modeling days to be over before they get started. ; )


No comments:
Post a Comment