Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer Recap







On Father's Day we took the baby to a local orchard to pick Strawberries. It was a beautiful day and this is one of my all time favorite pics. I love the sheer joy on Parker's face that he is spending the day with his Daddy. I fully intended to make a strawberry pie but we ended up eating them all with ice cream - Maybe next year right?



We also took Parker on his first LONG road trip to meet his Uncle Ben. The 4.5 hour trip took about 6 hours with a baby but it was all worth it. The plan was to check out Uncle Ben's new digs - catch a baseball game - and go the Zoo. Ben's new condo is great and already customized with trim work and new bamboo floors. Brad and Ben ended up watching the Cards game at the pool due to the extremely hot conditions and the baby and I.. well we napped. (Hey, you gotta take advantage when you can right?) Parker woke up very sick the next morning (and remained sick for the next 3 weeks) so our trip was cut short and our St Louis Zoo trip w/ Uncle Ben has been postponed. I will never forgive myself for not getting a picture of Ben and Parker together on this visit, I had planned to take many pics the next day at the zoo. So this is an artist rendition of Ben's Condo. (Thanks for the visit Ben - Come see us in INDY soon!)




Shaun and Adrienne took time away from their busy training schedule to have dinner with us and visit with Parker (They are very skinny-in shape-disciplined runners, and we will try not to hate them for it) It was so nice to get caught up - Come see us again soon! PS - Shaun we would like to reserve you now as Parker's future golf coach!




On the Fourth of July we met our Friends Ashley and Andy and Sean and Julie (+ Ava and Aidan) at a minor league baseball game. It was a great night to visit with friends and let the babies roll around and play together. We look forward to many more of these games in the future. (We may even make it to the fireworks one of these years).
The other big event that has been going on since March is the completion of our basement (or as Brad calls it, the Lower Level) It is finally complete and I am so proud of Brad for designing it. It is prettier and more functional than I imagined and we can't wait to have Friends and family over to enjoy it. I will post before and after pictures of the "Lower Level" soon. Below is Parker and his friend Declan playing in his new playroom. I'm sure this is the first of many playdates that will happen in this great space.

We also took a road trip to see our friends the Terri and Zach and their baby Eli. This is my official plea to get back to Indy and come see us. It's on the blog now - You're officially invited and it would be rude to not come visit. : )

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love the summer recap. Great idea!! It's crazy how fast Parker is growing.